Thanks for getting tattooed. In case you forgot, here is my favorite healing method. It’s a little laborious but is the quickest heal and has the best results I’ve seen in my work.
1. Leave cling film on for 4 hours after getting tattooed.
2. Take the cling film off, there will be ooze and ink underneath. Wash with warm to hot water (what you can bear) and soap (unscented). Pat dry with a paper towel or clean towel. Let the area air dry for a couple of minutes then cover with a thin layer of Aquaphor ointment and re-wrap with cling film.
3. Leave the cling film on overnight. It may be a little oozy again the next morning when you take of the cling film.
4. Remove the cling film. Wash with warm water and soap. Pat dry with a paper towel or clean towel. Let the area air dry for a couple of minutes then cover with a thin layer of Aquaphor ointment and re-wrap with cling film.
5. Repeat #4, 2 or 3 times a day for 4 days.
6. After day 4 stop using cling film but continue washing with soap and water, then applying a thin layer of unscented lotion.
Your tattoo will heal anywhere from a week to two weeks depending on your body and location of the tattoo.
Things You Don’t Do While Healing a Tattoo.
-expose it to sunlight (keep it covered with loose fitting clothing)
-swim (showering is fine)
-tanning (bed, beach or spray, stay away)
-itch or scratch the tattoo (instead pat or slap it slightly)
-use scented soaps and lotions (fragrances will irritate the skin and make it harder to heal your tattoo)